Every year, Forbes releases a list which includes the ranking of the richest people in the world. This year, the list was different as included a larger number than previous years. The total number of wealthy people in the world is ascending, according to this list. Personalities such as Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos (Amazon) or Bill Gates are, as always, first on the list.
Forbes listed a total of 2,100 billionaires all around the globe. The number increased in about 230 people who made it to the ranking of the wealthiest of the world. This means that there was a 10% increase in the total of people who are billionaires. On an interesting note, this year China was the country with the highest number of new billionaires with 70 new additions. The United States comes second with 20.
Who are the richest people in the world according to Forbes? These are the top five billionaires of the world in 2017 according to Forbes:
- 1. Bill Gates – United States – USD$85 Billion
- 2. Warren Buffett, United States— USD $76 Billion
- 3. Jeff Bezos, United States — USD $73 Billion
- 4. Amancio Ortega, Spain — USD $72 Billion
- 5. Mark Zuckerberg, United States — USD $57 Billion(Facebook)